Israel kills 41 Palestinians on 2nd day of Eid al-Fitr
ANKARA (AA) – Israel killed 41 people in airstrikes across the Gaza Strip on Monday, the second day of the Muslim festival of Eid al-Fitr, sources and officials said.
In the latest strikes, three Palestinians were killed and others wounded in an Israeli attack that targeted the Hamadeh family’s home on Yafa Street in the Al-Tuffah neighborhood, east of Gaza City, a medical source told Anadolu.
Two more Palestinians, including a woman, were killed in a strike targeting a group of civilians in the Al-Bureij refugee camp in the central Gaza Strip.
A Palestinian was killed and another injured in an Israeli strike on a transport vehicle in the city of Rafah, which had been issued an evacuation warning by the Israeli army just hours earlier.
Earlier in the day, 35 Palestinians, including children, were killed in the airstrikes in various areas. Among them, 17 were killed in attacks on homes and tents sheltering displaced persons in Khan Younis, and eight others were targeted in central Gaza.
Ten others were killed overnight and early Monday in strikes on three inhabited homes in Khan Younis.
On Sunday, the first day of Eid, 64 Palestinians were killed in Israeli attacks across the territory.
Israel resumed intense bombing of Gaza on March 18, ending a nearly two-month ceasefire in the territory, where it has killed more than 50,000 people since Oct. 7, 2023.
The International Criminal Court issued arrest warrants last November for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his former Defense Minister Yoav Gallant for war crimes and crimes against humanity in Gaza.
Israel also faces a genocide case at the International Court of Justice for its war on the enclave.